Welcome to Mama Rosemary’s Herb Camp
Join us every week for a fun round-up of projects and ideas to do with your kids during the summer. Each week will have a theme with lots of projects to do using herbs, exploring science and natural, holistic living plus some great crafts for good ol’ fashion fun! Many projects can be adapted for multiple age ranges depending on your child’s interests and developmental stage.
Our last week of summer camp this year is all about one of the fairest of flowers, roses!
Do you know that as well as being food for the soul, roses are medicinal and edible? Kids love roses, really! Little eyes light up with joy every time we use them at the preschool. Often they want to give what ever we are making with roses to their mom, so sweet!
Read about the benefits of roses and rose hips here.
Below you will find a collection of all things roses from Mama Rosemary, plus a few more ideas for spending a lovely summer day with this beautiful gift from nature!
Do as many of these activities as you want!
Here are some projects using roses that full of creativity and flower magic!
Just click on the pictures to get full instructions.
♥ Learn About Roses and Create Beautiful Art ♥
… make and try rose tea, rose paint, rose play dough and for the very wee ones, create a sensory bin.
… make hearts and crowns will baby rose buds!
… here is another way to make rose hearts, this is gooey, messy and lots of fun!
… one year I found these cute little grapevine wreaths which we decorated with baby rose buds, spices and glitter.
♥ Take Good Care and Put Roses In Your Bath ♥
♥ Get Hands-On With Roses and Dough ♥
… create aromatic meditative calm with mandalas.
… make a beautiful keepsake!
… enjoy the luscious pleasure of roses and chocolate!
Recipes and More
Make Tasty Treats With Roses ~
- Make your very own rose hydrosol. In this post, How To Make A Hydrosol, we focused on making peppermint hydrosol, if you want to make rose hydrosol just substitute rose petals for the peppermint!
- Rose Hip Jam ~ soak rose hips in unsweetened apple juice overnight and use as a tasty jam high in vitamin C.
- Rose Butter ~ whip fresh rose petals in softened butter for a beautiful addition to your meals.
- Add a splash of rose water to whipped cream, ice cream, smoothies and fruit salads
Make Rose Accessories ~
- Rose Barrettes, coming soon!
~ A Rosy Tidbit ~
Botanically the rose family has lots of plants that are familiar to many of us, including apples, pears, plums, raspberries, strawberries, cherries and apricots!
Thank you so much for joining us for Summer Herb Camp! I hope you had a lot of fun playing with herbs.
For More Camp Fun Please Visit These Links To Previous Weeks ~
- Week One: Fairy Fun
- Week Two: Playing With Playdough
- Week Three: Garden Adventures
- Week Four: Squeaky Clean Bathtime Fun
- Week Five: Magical Mighty Mint
- Week Six: Playing With Science